1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Security light solid and no longer beeping on lock

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tawalu, Jun 15, 2023.

1. tawalu

tawalu New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Without making any changes, my 2012 Prius C Two no longer is beeping when locking or unlocking and the red security light next to the mirror adjuster is solid red all the time. I've checked all doors / trunk and everything is properly closed and locking/unlocking with the fob.

Any troubleshooting steps I can try?

2. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Leave the drivers window open.
    Lock with the FOB and then reach in and unlock the door FROM THE INSIDE by pulling the handle.
    That will tell you whether or not the alarm is actually armed or not.

Next would be to disconnect the 12 V battery for a few minutes.
    Might be a good idea to have it tested too.

After that, it probably is off to the dealer.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bet @Leadfoot J. McCoalroller might have some ideas about these symptoms... Hopefully he sees this and has some insight. In the meantime, disconnect your 12v battery for a few minutes. This is equivalent to rebooting your personal computer. It turns everything back to normal settings and that could fix it and you can write it all off as an electronic glitch.

4. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Read your owner's manual or look it up online. there's a control sequence on your FOB that turns the car horn beep on and off (silent mode). you must've mash your key fob buttons and accidentally switched it to silent mode. As near as I can recall, on my old 2012 Prius C.

Hope this helps....

5. tawalu

tawalu New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Unfortunately disconnecting the 12v did not have any effect. I also looked through the manual for the 2012 C and did not see any programming info for the fob.

I guess I'm off to the shop if no one else has any ideas to try.