1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Security window Film?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by densiaree, Apr 30, 2012.

1. densiaree

densiaree New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    When using caulk (Dow995) on a window for the 2 step installation... what side is best for giving it a gasket look? Top and Bottom? or the sides? We usually tape the sides first then come back the next day and tap the top and bottom... Is this correct or does someone have a better method? sunglowf.com/about-sunglo/locations/denver-window-tinting

2. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    which window are you talking about?

i need a rear quarter panel drivers window but the crook I bought one from on ebay the weatherstripping was shredded on 2 out of 3 sides. anyways I bought the 3M windo-Weld super fast urethane from advance auto for $15 (with coupon the msrp was $25), 3M part 08609. The directions say to prime scratches with 3M single step primer but advance auto doesn't carry it so I've got to find it elsewhere as I'm waiting for a new window from toyotapartsoverstock.

that Dow995 you mentioned is a Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) where as the 3M weatherstripping I bought locally is a EPDM (i'm not sure what that stands for). when it comes to cars I would pay a little more for 3M rather than dow chemicals even though Dow is just a 100 miles from me I think 3M is better for autos.