1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

See Pics of (Tigers) 719.3 Miles Driven on 1-Tank of Gas:

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by tiger, May 1, 2006.

1. tiger

tiger New Member

2. dipper

dipper Senior Member

Prius can get more mileage... what is so spppppecial anyways.... :unsure:

3. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Are you kidding us or what?

First off, you only got 53.2 MPG? I get 54.5 in everyday driving in my Prius. I figure on your 13.52 Gallons I would get 736.84 miles...without trying. So why brag?

Second off, your gauge is showing TRIP A...which you could have let run as long as you wanted.

Heck, I can show you my TRIP B at 3,000+ Miles with 80MPG (as long as you do not see the Miles on the MFD).

Understand you like your car, but you are singing to a tough choir here. Many people achieve 60+ MPG in their Prius.

We are a little jealous that you can stuff that 13.5 gallons in there though!

4. Potential Buyer

Potential Buyer New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ May 1 2006, 10:54 PM) [snapback]248376[/snapback]</div>
    I think this is his first hybrid so he's still giddy. But yeah, a Prius would do better.

The screenshot clearly shows 719 miles on Trip A, with an average MPG of 52, assuming he doesn't have the 63-mile reset bug (but he manually calculated the mileage too, and of course 52 isn't unheard of anyway).

Hell, you should see the Camry Hybrid, which I test drove. It has a 17.2-gallon gas tank (vs the HCH's 12.3) and it gets 50 mpg cruising at 75 mph on level roads. Of course that goes down significantly on hills or when accelerating but the point is you could cruise on the highway for an extremely long distance, from what I observed.