1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seeing Deer at Night with better (anti) Fog Lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by pre~us, Oct 30, 2015.

1. pre~us

pre~us Maverick~

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm curious what input people might have for replacing the stock (worthless) fog lights with a not pricey alternative that is bright as hell and as fully illuminating as possible, NOT for fog, but to create as much visibility as possible when there is no other traffic, as we live in DEER country with many very twisty rural roads and totaled our 05 lovely car earlier this year from one landing on the hood. The HID 9006 I saw mentioned in another thread seems like they might work well. I don't recall how the stock switching works, and if the fogs are on when the brights are on, or only when the low beams are on, etc. I know there are several threads on here about replacing fogs, but I have not come across any with the specific goal of broad illumination.

2. pre~us

pre~us Maverick~

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My apologies, it looks like I double posted. I added a reply to an old thread, the one below this post, and because of the pinned posts, and lack of sleep/long work hours I didn't realize that it had in fact bumped that post to the top.

3. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    if you could somehow remove the bulb shield from inside the oem fog lamp, it would make a tremendous difference, especially with some upgraded bulbs. I bought some cheap aftermarket lamps, but they fit so loose I put the oem fogs back in.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the deer need to be culled anyway.

5. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  6. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    yes, but we need to eat them. not total our cars with them. yummy, high protein, low fat. mmm-mmm!

toyotechwv and bisco like this.
  7. silvergenII

silvergenII Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I hear you there. I am lucky enough to have a 2007 with an HID headlight set up. The one downside of that is when it is foggy or snowing the bright headlights are useless. Essentially all of that light is lost by bouncing off of the moisture in the air. There has to be a way to put a decent set of driving lights on that will run without the headlights on or will go out under the headlights beam pattern, The stock fog lights are useless with the HID.