1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seeking 06 pine/beige package #4, will travel if need be...

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by larryp, Apr 5, 2006.

1. larryp

larryp New Member

In LA and heard you can't get a package #4 in California.
    (not sure why Toyota does not ship #4 to my state since it includes an important safety feature)

Really want the Stability Vehicle Control that Consumer Reports highly recommends for safety.

Am willing to travel out-of-state, but not too far.

Anyone know a dealer that has an '06 Silver Pine Package #4 and doesn't charge over MSRP?

2. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Your best bet is to use the internet and the phone. Look up the names/phone #s of dealers by putting "Oregon Toyota dealers", etc. in your search engine, then call.

Your chances of finding someone on PC who was at his/her dealer in the past day or two and noticed specific color/pkg combos are slim.

In Feb. I called more than 50 dealers over 3 days in 5 states and found what I wanted. It takes determination more than anything.

3. trvlnagain

trvlnagain New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pine06 @ Apr 5 2006, 02:03 PM) [snapback]235429[/snapback]</div>
    After having no luck getting a barcelona red pkg #8 in Denver, I took the advice of folks here on the forum and contacted JERRY OLSON of Toyota of Yakima. Sent him an email, and 5 days later he called and said he found my car! A week later, I drove it home from Washington to Colorado.

Jerry took the time and initiative to find my vehicle at another dealer and did a dealer swap. With waiting lists as they are, it certainly isn't necessary for a salesperson to work that hard to make a sale. Jerry was recommended on this forum and I hardily add my endorsement.

Good luck in your search. The Prius is more of a joy to drive every day as I become more familiar it!