1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seeking 06 Red/beige package #8

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Miss_Taz, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

My dealer told me that there wasn't a single red package 8 to preference on their latest allocation. Now I have to wait until mid April for them to try again!

AGH!

Does anyone know where one might exist at another dealership?

Thanks!

2. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

3. trvlnagain

trvlnagain New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miss_Taz @ Mar 28 2006, 08:04 AM) [snapback]231335[/snapback]</div>
    I put a deposit on a Barcelona red 2006 package #8 Prius at a Toyota dealer in Denver. I was told 8-12 weeks and that the time frame was not certain.

After reading the forums here for a month, I emailed Jerry Olson at Toyota of Yakima asking him about the availability of my desired Prius. A WEEK later, he called and said he had one available. A week later, I had my new car!!! MSRP.

Apparently, Toyota of Yakima is one of the dealers who will actively look for the car you desire and do regional swaps for it. The dealer in Denver certainly was not willing to do that for me.

Jerry Olson was helpful, knowledgable, and easy to work with. A very positive buying experiance for me.
    No pressure for extended warranty, etc.

I drove from Denver to Yakima, traded in my 2003 Chevy Tahoe, and drove back to Denver in 3 days. My actual transaction took about 2 hours.

One discouraging note... during the drive from Yakima to Denver, I encountered snow from the Oregon/Idaho border to Laramie, WY. The car handled great in tough driving conditions, but due to the gravel on the roads, I have so many stone chips on the hood and windshield. If I had to do it over, I would have the dealer install a clear bra for a journey that long.

Here is the info on Toyota of Yakima:

Jerry Olson
    509-575-4868
    www.toyotaofyakima.com

Good luck on yoyr quest for the perfect Prius :D

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Two months ago I called about 50 dealers in five nearby states over three days and found what I wanted. I had to take a train 200 mi. to get it. It was even discounted $300.

If you're serious, start calling. To get the names of dealers, put "GA Toyota dealers" or "LA Toyota dealers" in your search engine.

Usually dealers will pick you up at an airport or bus station. They like to be able to tell people that their customers come from other states.

Good luck.

5. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

Good news! My local dealer has finally obtained my car. It's due in 4/23/06!!!

:D

Now I'm very happy! I don't have to go but 20 miles to get it!

6. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miss_Taz @ Apr 5 2006, 08:25 AM) [snapback]235268[/snapback]</div>

Congrats. How long did you wait?