1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seeking Californian Internet Sales Managers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by moshe_levy, Nov 6, 2007.

1. moshe_levy

moshe_levy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello All-

My sad tale begins in early August, when I placed an order for a Touring Package #6. I was assured by the local dealer that although it was a rare car here in NJ, I would get it within 6-8 weeks. Well, when I called yesterday, 13 weeks in, they said they had no clue about when this car would arrive, if ever!

I've been reading on here about how these are abundant in California, and how out there deals below MSRP are possible. Well, if that's the case, please point me towards an internet sales manager you dealt with, because I can have the car shipped out here for about $600.00. I was paying MSRP out here, so any savings beyond $600.00 are just gravy.

I was willing to wait, but it's getting ot the point where the salesman is basically telling me he has no idea what's going on, and I'd rather pick up the car before winter hits. Any advice appreciated.

-MKL

2. pearsonrj

pearsonrj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well in the San Francisco Bay Area, Touring models are also in short supply, however dealers are willing to negotiate, and as you may have seen from a post of mine, I was able to obtain pretty close to invoice cost on my Touring - the problem was it was the only 2008 Touring in the East Bay.
    I'd recommend talking to Sue Gonge (sp?) at Antioch Toyota, or possibly request a price quote from Concord Toyota where I bought mine - incidently when I got an internet price quote from them, I then asked for and received another $500 discount on top. Just go to the Toyota website and enter zip code 94521 for the San Francisco East Bay, or enter 94105 for the San Francisco area. Walnut Creek had a 2007 White Touring package #6 on their lot at the weekend, with 225 miles on the ODO, going for $2,500 under MSRP...

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You can try Dianne Whitmire in Manhattan Beach. She's a friend of PriusChat.

Dianne Whitmire
    [email protected]
    www.manhattanbeachtoyota.com
    310-939 7801 or cell at 949 689 0717

Be sure to mention PriusChat when you talk to her so that the site will be compensated for the referral.