1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

seeking San-Francisco-area company for seat changeout

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jim3, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Jim3

Jim3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone know where in the SF area I can get my 2009-model seat changed to something more ergonomic like a Recaro? Most places tell me they won't do it for the liability issue, and I would never attempt it myself. Thanks.

2. 3prongpaul

3prongpaul Hybrid Shop Owner, worked on 100's of Prius's

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's really, really easy to remove the front seats. Just four 14mm bolts and a couple of wires to disconnect under the seat. If you can find a seat that will mount in the Prius just do it yourself. Or find a buddy with a socket set to help if you are uncomfortable removing the bolts.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Removing the original seats is not the problem. The problem is equipping the replacement seats with the appropriate brackets to fit the Prius, and liability issues indeed are an issue. If the replacement seats do not have side air bags then you'll lose that safety protection in the event of a side impact.

4. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Call up Luscious Garage. They'll know what to do.