1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seen a few Prius's in Europe

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by shawn7, Jun 28, 2006.

1. shawn7

shawn7 New Member

Just got back from a 10 day stay in Europe. Drove from Frankfurt to Nurnberg, Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris and back to Frankfurt. I seen maybe 4 total. This one was from the Netherlands:

[​IMG]

I did get used to looking at the SMART car from Diamlerchrysler:

[​IMG]

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Spent 9 days in London last part May and saw a total of one. While the town I work in, Kingsburg, CA pop. 7205, has on most days two parked on the same main corner and other days has three parked on the same corner.

Wildkow

3. felton

felton New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I saw several in Madrid, Spain last month. The Prius is actually a bit larger than most of the cars I saw and I was happy to get back here and get in my "big" Prius:)

4. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, the Prius is a "large family car" here. I'd prefer something a bit smaller, or at least shorter. It's not too wide, thankfully.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. andreaswin

andreaswin New Member

well there ar not that many Priuses in norway either or sweeden or denmark. You will not see that many Priuses in Europe i think.... one thing to remember is that in europe people in general drive cars thats not that hungry for fuel.... So the Prius is not a "huge step" compared like if You go from a American car with a gasoline v8 or a hungry v6..... and diesel powered cars are very popular at the moment in europe too....

main reason i bought the prius was not the milage pr gallon, but rather a combination of the cars gadget factor , inovative tecnology, and low emissions... if id just was to buy a dureable good car for the same amount of money i should ahve bought the toyota avensis touring 2L diesel,,, efficient aswell and a good car... :huh: but a prius is a prius ,,, reason enough :D

7. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was in Strasbourg, France for a couple weeks at the beginning of June and saw a grand total of one Prius. It actually surprised me not to see more, but as andreaswin points out, I guess there's not as large a difference in fuel efficiency between "normal" European cars and the Prius (compared to "normal" US cars and the Prius).

8. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I saw zero Pri in France this year. I saw more Corvettes, and full size Chevy trucks (4 or 5) than Prius. I even saw a huge Impala, not the downsized one. Like previously said, most Euro cars are pretty fuel efficient, and appeared to be 90% diesel (gazoil) in France. The rented Golf TDI got about 48 (converted) MPG, but, alas, no smug factor. :)