1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Selling a preowned Prius?

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by BugDrLF, Oct 15, 2005.

1. BugDrLF

BugDrLF New Member

My son almost got killed when our antique Taurus wipers suddenly shut off last night while he was driving on the highway. We have been planning to replace this car (inherited from my father...hard to get rid of, but now it is downright dangerous), but now we must. I have long been convinced that the only car I should buy when this dies is a Prius. I teach Ecology at Hofstra University, and would be a hypocrite to buy any car that wasn't a hybrid. Prius has the best and longest standing reputation, my engineer friend swears by it....I need to buy a car within the next few weeks, and if I can't find a used Prius, I will have to by ANOTHER polluting guzzler.... :( . Do any of you know of anyone ready to sell their 2002 or 2003 Prius?????? Wouldn't be able to afford anything newer......please e-mail me at [email protected] if you have a car for me! Then I can have more to chat with you all about!! Thanks. BugDrLF Lisa

2. 06prius

06prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    It may help if you mentioned the state you are in. Of course people could google the college you mention but that makes it more difficult.

3. TidelandAZ

TidelandAZ New Member

If you're willing to go this route, there are a couple of used models on e-bay.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Why don't you check the forums here. I believe there is a place for people selling their cars. And perhaps you might even find a dealer with something you can afford.

click on Forums then scroll down to the PriusChat Marketplace and you'll see Private Sales and Dealers and Pricing.

If I were you I'd also check out the used car lots at the local dealerships around town. Just be aware that there are others looking for used Prii too, with the price of gas what it is.

http://priuschat.com/Private-Sales-f11.html

http://priuschat.com/Dealers-and-Pricing-f14.html

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Your best source (IMO) is Autotrader.com.

I have no business connection with them But I've sold my last four cars (incl. two Priuses) and bought my last four used cars through them. Even if you don't find what you want within a reasonable geographic area (as defined by you), you'll at least come away with a good idea of the range of prices the car you're looking for is selling for.

Beware: the used Prius market is hotter than for any other vehicle right now, i.e., inflated 15-25%.

6. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Also try ebay, there are a few listed on there

7. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    I sold my 2004 Prius on cars.com.

8. Chris Hyde

Chris Hyde New Member

I have a 2005 Black # 5 with tan leather, 9000 miles. $25800

9. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hofstra is in Hempstead NY on Long Island. I went there myself back in 93-94.

BugDRLF - You mention having to go to a gas guzzling polluter if you can't find a used prius. While obviously the Prius is a great choice, you could also consider the Honda Civic Hybrid and if that's still too expensive (new) consider that used or a Toyota Corolla or something else that still gets very good fuel economy.

10. ToddWess

ToddWess New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a new 05 series 6 with 1000 miles for $27,500 (OBO) in Alexandria, VA.

[email protected]