1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Selling my Harley...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by finman, Jun 3, 2005.

1. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Yep, it's happening. We will be a 2 Prius family in 2 months (or so). I'm selling my Harley and my SO is selling her Tracker. We (I should say she) ordered an AM Silver for 24,500. She is over her SUV "need" and I'd like to think I've some influence on her decision (TV and radio stories/interviews, the hybrid club I've formed, the incessant MPG watch, the add-ons that she was skeptical about but now wants on her own Prius, etc.)

I coined a new phrase for the Prius, it's my EUV (environmental utility vehicle). She has seen alot of stuff get hauled in the Prius that her Tracker would not!

It seems funny now that she wants a silver after the silver was my 1st choice a year ago and seaside pearl her 1st choice. We ended up with seaside pearl because it came in sooner. We'll see what comes the next month or so...

I couldn't be more excited. Even though my Harley has been a great motorcycle with no problems over 10 years, I really love drivng the Prius. It will be hard to part with it. But I've said that about ALL my vehicles up to this point. And I am REALLY gonna have a problem if I ever have to sell the Prius.

Anyway, it's an all-hybrid line-up for us in a couple of months. Plus I've sold our gas-powered push mower for a neuton cordless battery-electric mower, and the gas powered snow-blower is on the sales block. I'll post details when the neuton comes in, too. It has a website, myneuton.com. It looks like a great product and I've a small lawn that it should be perfect for.

Just trying to do my part in greening the world. Small steps lead to big changes...now to get my neighbors gas-guzzlers and smoking lawn-mowers out of here...

2. jtmhog

jtmhog Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Get rid of the wife before getting rid of the hog. But you live in S.D.--9 months of winter. I'll be out there in August to raise a little H.
    jtmhog

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

No problems in 10 years?

What, does it have less than 100 miles on it? :mrgreen:

Sorry, just COULDN'T resist!

Congrats on the Prius family and the term "EUV"!

:D

4. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    It's true. Have had more probs with SO, ha, ha. I'm hoping she doesn't peruse these forums.

It was a great ride, took me on alot of adventures and yes, I know Sturgis well, it's 23 miles from my house!

And the weather...sheesh...just a bit short riding season, and I've even braved 30 degree F temps to ride, just because the roads were clear and the sun was out. Good times...peeling off frozen fingers from the handlebars even in winter riding gloves.

I'll have another bike, another Harley someday again. Right now it feels like the right thing to do...

I'll be in Sturgis, doing demo rides still...maybe for the Prius instead of bikes, hmmm...