1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sen. Arlen Spectre

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Schmika, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Schmika

Schmika New Member

On MSN. Here is the URL

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/wcStory?contentId=5118748

Arlen Spectre thinks the Philadelphia Eagles are treating Terrill Owens badly...OK, that is his right.

He is going to refer the issue to HIS subcommitte on anti-trust....WHAT!!! Using his "power" and "position" over a FOOTBALL player. OMG!!!!

Is this the issue of the day he thinks people care about. I know everyday citizens would rather discuss and be passionate about "sports" and let politics go to H*ll, but a SENATOR, a US SENATOR. Your using MY tax dollars senator.

ANti- TRUST. Spectre says he is not a "supporter" of T.O. but thinks this is vindictive. T.O. was given LOTS of warnings, he has a CONTRACT. The Eagles are following said CONTRACT. T.O. is a millionaire....stop worrying about him. He will be fine.

EGADS, this p*sses me off!!!!! :angry:

2. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Latest polling must have shown a majority of Pennsylvanians want TO back on the field. I doubt if Sen Spectre is just looking out for the 'little guy'.

3. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :( :( Arlen Spectre is the individual that put forth the "Magic bullit Theory" regarding the bullit that made all 6 wounds in Kennedy and Connelly allowing the government to conclude that there was no conspiricy in the Kennedy assasination. That was back in 1963. I don't believe a word from his lips!!!
    -Paul R. Haller- :angry:

4. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It never ceases to nausiate me. People have no priciples. Period. TO is a dickhead. Flat out. No nicer way to put it. He has no class and his actions are now being validated by the very people who should be outraged at his behavior. TO is just another in the long and growing list of worthless athletes elevated to demi-god status because of their talent in some trivial activity. These idiots are the role models and heros that kids look up to. They should be extradited to Singapore and caned when they act like this.

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    But tripp, how do you REALLY feel? :rolleyes: :lol:

6. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You don't think I came across as too harsh do you? :D

What we need is a caning emoticon. :p

7. Schmika

Schmika New Member

TRIVIA alert...what was the Ohio city that was the hometown for that boy who was caned.......YES, that's right....MY City!!!!!!!!!

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I remember watching TV and listening to the radio the week following the Chicago Bulls 6th championship. Everyone was criticizing the players because they lit up cigars on the court during the after-game celebration.

"These people are role models and they need to send a better message to our children by setting better examples."

And now this guy is defending TO. Oxen Excriment!!

9. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The National Football League enjoys protection from anti-trust lawsuits because of legislation our congress-critters have passed. The NFL made its pact with the "devil" and now has to live with intervention by Senators and Congressmen. Its the price they pay for having a monopoly.