1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sending Motorola Phonebook to Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by blamy, Feb 13, 2008.

1. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have a Motorola KRZR with AT&T service so if you have a different model the selections on the phone may say something different but you should be able to figure it out. Start by selecting INFO on the Prius MFD. Select TELEPHONE then SETTINGS. Now select PHONEBOOK and then select TRANSFER DATA. Select the Group you wish to transfer the data to and then select ADD TO. Now on your phone go to the phonebook and highlight the number you wish to transfer to the Prius. Select OPTIONS and highlight SEND CONTACT then press SELECT. Highlight BLUETOOTH and press SELECT. This will bring up a list of your Bluetooth available devices. Select HANDSFREE for the Prius (or whatever you may have named it) and press SELECT. Your phone should now transfer that contact to the Prius phonebook. Once again your phone may have different names for the selections but you should be able to get it done. Hope this helps and Good Luck.

2. Grunthos

Grunthos Senior Azgoth Poetmaster

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am finding the hassle of getting my phone numbers in the car properly to be way way more trouble than it's worth. I have a Motorola phone as well, and so I also had to go through that dance for every single number in my phone. What I discovered after doing it, was that the Prius's caller ID requires the phone number match to be identical. I had all of the numbers in my phone in ten-digit format, as in 6125554444. Unfortunately, my cell phone provider sends caller ID info in eleven digit format, as 16125554444. I had to edit every single number in the directory and backspace the entire number and retype it since the Prius does not let you insert a 1 at the beginning. Unbelievably, the very day after I edited every single number in the car's directory, my cell-phone provider (T-Mobile) changed their caller ID format to start transmitting to the phone in international format, as in +16125554444 so now I will need to go back in and enter every single number again. It seems like the car should have been designed to be more flexible with regard to recognizing incoming caller ID info. My cell-phone itself is.