1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Senior Posters Reading Diagnostic Codes on MFD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by twdusa, Apr 19, 2005.

1. twdusa

twdusa New Member

2005 Prius package #5 AI
    Mobile One @ 2000 miles (3.5 qts, new Prius oil filter)
    2400 miles total
    44/42 psi
    Eastern NC

Definition of the following diagnostic Codes?

Condition:
    1. Car in "Ready Mode" (ICE not running)
    2. Access MFD diagnostic screen

"System Check Mode "

EVM : OK
    Audio : OK
    G/W : OK
    DSP/-AMP : OK

SELECT "LAN Monitor Button"

EVM : Check
    Audio : OK
    G/W : OK
    DSP/-AMP : Check

SELECT "EVM Button"

CODE SUB CODE

01-D5 190-61-F
    01-D8 190-19-1
    01-DC 190-1C-3
    01-DC 1C6-D6-2

Return to "System Check Mode "

SELECT "DSP-AMP Button"

CODE SUB CODE

01-DD 190-72-1
    01-E3 - FF-1

Any help with the definitions of these codes? Can I CLEAR these codes? Should I clear these codes?

Thanks !

2. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wil check in the morning. Are you having any problems? Why check the MFD codes? Just curious? Probably not anything serious but I will let you know what they all are, 8)

3. twdusa

twdusa New Member

Thanks for the reply Rick57. Your knowledge and assistance is greatly appreciated.

I would clear the codes, but about 2 hours after this original post I had an Air conditioning problem arise. I posted it in the main forum. I will leave the codes in because I will have the car at the dealer first thing in the morning.

Here is the post.....any thoughts?

Is anyone's air conditioning compressor loud enough to hear over the engine (ICE running)? Today I turned the A/C on while stopped at a light and I thought that it was rather LOUD......while going down the road, with ICE coming in and out you could hear the A/C quite distinctly and not a nice sounding noise. When I got home I opened the hood and with ICE off the noise was quit loud......turn the Air conditioning off and noise off......ran temp selector up to max hot and turned A/C back on...no noise....left A/C on and continued to decrease the temp selector towards cooler until the compressor started and the noise started again and got louder the cooler I selected the temp. Standing in front of the car reached down and touched the right side of the compressor ...It was very cool...the left side was VERY HOT with vibrations evident. The wiring appears to indicate that the left side of the compressor (facing the car) is the A/C electrical motor side of the unit. All thoughts appreciated.......

Well.....that is where I am? PLEASE let me know the definitions of the codes. Thanks a million....I'll be watching for your post.

4. yoda

yoda Member

This may seem like a foolish response, but you said "all thoughts welcome".

Sounds pretty obvious - Sounds like you have a bad A/C compressor. Why not have the Toyota guy look at it?

Yoda

5. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Will post code descriptions later this morning. Made me use some brain cells :lol: early. But basically it is pointing to the radio and Gateway ECU. Due to the fact the Prius is shipped without the dome fuse,this is probably why these codes are stored. Nothing to worry about. As for the AC,there is a different procedure for checking their codes.

6. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok here goes, the number codes;

First ( example 01 ) = Target Device
    Second ( example D5 ) = Target Logical Address
    Third ( example 190 ) = Physical Address
    Fourth ( example 61 ) = Connection check number stored with DTC
    Fifth ( example 1 ) = Number of times recorded

So going from your info, the Physical Address 190 is for the Radio Unit. Physical Address 1C6 is for the Gateway ECU. This ECU is tied to all the ECU's since some don't talk the same language. It translates into something they can all understand. I have only gotten into this information while in training and have never had to diagnose a vehicle in the shop with these codes. The communication system is really trouble free,I guess. And as my previous post mentions, these codes are probably from the fact the Prius is shipped minus the Dome fuse. Hope this satisfies your curious mind, :lol:

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Didn't you post this elsewhere? Did you clear the codes as I suggested? My car had codes which once cleared never came back. Many others have seen codes without symptoms too. I suspect codes get triggered during build or during prep.

AC appears to be an unrelated and separate problem and also appears to be more mechanically based.

8. twdusa

twdusa New Member

Yes, I did clear all the codes and NONE have returned.

The air conditioning problem did turn out to be a defective compressor-A/C motor unit. I took the car into my local dealer, Greenville Toyota in Greenville, NC and the Master Tech was very surprised after listening to it and looking it over. He got on the phone with Toyota Jacksonville, FL and they are shipping one up for installation on Monday. I must say my local dealer Service Department and Master Tech were great and very attentive to this problem. I feel good about having my service done there. They even washed and vac the car after the diagnostic check.

I will post an after service report after the car is returned.

I have already been chastised for posting the A/C problem in two areas!
    I just posted it in the wrong place the first time!

Thanks for all the help and ........This Prius is just one great car!

9. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius