1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sensitive slip indicator

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mbarrie, Jan 18, 2008.

1. mbarrie

mbarrie New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Recently, I can be driving on a moderately curving road at 40-45mph, and whenever the car banks left or right, the slip indicator lights and beeps. I've had the Prius for over two years and this is a recent glitch. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    maybe your slip indicator is accurate and you really are slipping.

are you on your original tires? how many miles on them? do you rotate them every 5000 miles?

I've heard complaints the original tires don't last long, if the tread is worn down than you will lose traction even on moderately curved roads. Or if you never rotate them then your fronts will be worn down and your rears will be fine, the worn down fronts will cause you to slide around, especially in cold or wet conditions.

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    not to clog the post.. but it sounds like tires. i recommend an upgrade. It doesn't take much for the stock tires to slip.

my 04 doesn't have any problems.. unless i'm doing 50 around a sharp bend... the bigger tires help. :) hehe