1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sensor cover up?- newby question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Gaelyn37, May 21, 2007.

1. Gaelyn37

Gaelyn37 Gaelyn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just installed my velour dash cover in hopes of reducing the glare up in to the windshield. It does help. However, I've noticed that there are two circular spots in the dash up near the front left driver's side right near the windshield. They get covered up by the dash cover. Since there were no cutouts in the cover, I wanted to verify that these circles were not some important sensors that should not be covered up. I have not noticed any driving problems, so maybe they are insignificant?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Gaelyn

2. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    unless you have a Canadian car only one of them is used, the other is a blank. In US cars the sensor is a Solar radiation sensor that is part of the automatic air conditioning system. I'd expect that covering it will prevent the AC from knowing when the car is in bright sunlight, so the AC won't adjust for it.

In Canadian cars the second sensor is for the automatic headlight system that switches between DRLs and headlights.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(narf @ May 21 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]446904[/snapback]</div>
    Correct. Don't cover them.

Tom