1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sent an email to Toyota - they missed the point....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jazzn2day, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Jazzn2day

Jazzn2day New Member

I sent an email to Toyota, they seemed to ignore my gripe about the nav lock entirely and misunderstood my request for info on new Sirius Traffic Offer integrating with NAV at some point.
    To top it off they seem to think the Prius is an "economy car"?!! My Echo was an economy car and less than half the price of my Prius. The Prius cost as much as a Camry!! :angry:
    What the....?! :blink:

Here's the email:

Customer 11/27/2006 07:57 AM
    So far I have been pretty happy with my 2006 Prius (my second Toyota). I have been a little annoyed at the functionality blackouts that occur (navigation, phone, audio) while the vehicle is in motion. It seems to me you cover your liability obligation with the warning I have to agree to every time I go to use the main navigation, so what gives? If I have a passenger in the car, they should certainly be able to access these features while I drive. I have read that this "safety mechanism" was able to be disabled in previous models, but not the 2006 (and probably 2007). There really should be some sort of compromise to this.
    Otherwise, it's a really great car and the fetures are all very nice!
    I'm also interested in looking int integrating the Sirius Traffic service to the Nav System, will this be possible in the future? (It seems we Prius owners are mostly "cutting edge techies")
    Thanks

Response (Renee) 11/30/2006 09:45 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
    You may be capable of integrating Sirius Satellite Radio with the navigation system of the Prius now, we just can not guarantee total functionality. The Prius is designed primarily as an economy vehicle with basic features unlike those of our more luxury line models.

We wish to assure you your comments and opinions are important to us. It is through communications such as yours that we are able to review and improve our products.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200611300596. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Toyota Customer Experience

2. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Try sending them the same email again without the last sentence regarding Sirius.

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    What do you really expect them to say? "I'm so sorry, let me personally come out there and wipe your nice person for you?"

I agree that the blackout is a pain (which is why i put in a bypass switch). However, someone (not the person who reviewed the e-mail) in the corporation made the decision that those items needed to be blacked out for safety reasons. I very highly doubt that the customer service rep who responded to your e-mail has any notion of why that was deemed necessary.

As they replied, they are taking e-mails such as that into consideration when deciding on features, so i think you got the message across into their "bank of ideas" for future models. however, i doubt that it will have much effect on their decision of what is safe and what is not.