1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Separate iPod or just iPhone?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by richard13, Feb 4, 2013.

?
  1. iPhone only

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. iPod only

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Both iPhone and iPod

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. richard13

richard13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    In my 2010 Prius IV I've always connected my iPhone to Bluetooth for calls and occasional music. I also have an older iPod connected via USB for music. The reason for this arrangement is that I cannot randomly access songs on the Bluetooth connection but I can using USB.

It occurs to me that I could get the best of both worlds if I just connect my iPhone to both Bluetooth and USB. But this does come with some consequences (listed below). What do you all do for this?

Thanks!

Pros
    • One device.
    • Don't have to buy separate iPod.
    • Syncs over WiFi so it's always updated with latest purchases. iPod must use cable.
    • Charge phone while driving.
    Cons
    • Have to plug in/remove from car every time I enter/exit the vehicle.
    • Notifications such as new mail interrupt music and play over car speakers.
    • May need to buy additional USB cable for home charging.

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My early 2010 Prius V was delivered before the USB connector became available. I have an iPhone that I've paired (for both phone & music player) via Bluetooth. Works great, and I never have to take the phone out of my pocket.