1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Separate MPG stats for 2 drivers?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mirak, Apr 17, 2009.

1. mirak

mirak New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Does the new (or existing) Prius allow the keeping of separate average MPG stats for two different drivers? I haven't heard anything about this, but it would be a nice little feature to have.

Hypermiling is kind of a game for me (when I have the time), but my wife could care less. She drives the hybrid like a normal car. I'd like to see what average MPG I could achieve without factoring in her driving.

And, no, not letting her drive is not an option.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No way to do that, it would be darn hard other than resetting the consumption screen for each trip and writing down each one, how far, MPG, etc.

3. mirak

mirak New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Well, it would be a pain for us to do manually, sure, but would it really be that difficult for Toyota to add this feature? I don't see it being much different than selecting Trip A or Trip B on the odometer.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I believe the 2010 model has a multiple driver feature. I recall seeing it in Detroit, but I didn't play with it, so my memory is a bit hazy.

Tom

5. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Can you do it with ScanGauge?