1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

serious front bumper repair 2013 prius 3

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Jbasham53, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Jbasham53

Jbasham53 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello All!

New poster here, was hoping to get some insight into potential cost of some pretty serious damage to the front end of my relatively new (to me) 2013 Prius.

In short the whole front bumper is off, as in the radiator is completely exposed, and the drivers side headlight is off. the hood seems to have shifted slightly (~1/2 in) to the passenger side.

if this catches any traction ill gladly provide pictures.

All input appreciated

2. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Have you had it checked for structural damages yet? It may not be safe anymore to drive it in that condition. Front Alignment may be permanently affected, and not just limited to that.

3. Jbasham53

Jbasham53 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Waiting on insurance to do their thing at the moment. And my suspicionsus is exactly that. I guess I'm just curious if that's not the case what I'm looking at.

4. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Who knows! It’s very difficult to even venture a guess, based upon a vague discription and lack of pictures. All I can say is, “It’s going to hurt your pocket book in some way or form”.This is going to especially true if you are the “At fault” driver. Just have patience. I wouldn’t be in any hurry to find out. Just wait for the insurance adjusters estimate.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You need maybe 5 posts before you can post pictures? Post a few times (to build up your count), and then posts some pictures if possible.

I would guesstimate $3000~$5000, depending on what they find. Hopefully you have collision insurance?