1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seriously thinking of removing the XS Supply HID kit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by ES44AC, Jun 9, 2016.

1. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not pleased with the XS Supply HID kit I recently installed for the low beams. . STOP!

The more time I spend with the 4600K HID's the less I am liking them. I think I saw the road better with the halogen bulbs. I am seriously considering removing the kit and putting the halogens back!

The kit will be on eBay if I decide to remove it.

Yes they are white, and yes it's basically a plug and play install, if you can find room for all the wires that accompany the kit. There is NOTHING wrong with the lights, ballasts or any other part of the kit. I just don't like what I see or DON'T see at night. I was told that 4600K puts more light on the road compared to the 6000K, well that may be true, but you couldn't prove it by me.

Thanks,

"ES"

Attached Files:

#1 ES44AC, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Dylan Doxey likes this.
  2. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Where did you buy the led parking lights.

3. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

As I stated in the post, all the leds came in a kit from iJDM Toy. There was no color temp mentioned in the kit, I guess I was just lucky in that respect. They are nice and white though, I wanted to call them yesterday but had too many other honey-do's to get done.

"ES"

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  4. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I was thinking of getting these for the parking lights.

5. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'd bet you get the same ones I have. I say that because one of the emitters on the 5 sided little led went bad and was flickering. I called iJDM and told them the bulb type and they sent me a pair to replace the faulty one. I doubt they divided a set to get the two I needed. If memory serves me correctly of two they sent one DIDN'T match the color of the existing one in the drivers side. So I ended up changing both of them.
    Be careful putting them in, especially the passengers side there's hardly any room, at least for my hands anyway. Don't forget which way you turned them to get the existing bulbs out, hopefully you'll get them in so the polarity is right the first time. It is possible to turn them too far when installing them, trust me I did it and had to take the entire headlight nice person'y out to correct my botched job.

Good luck!

"ES"

6. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    These from Amazon look like they are more orange which match the side marker lights.

7. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two