1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Service Campaign

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sparkymarvin, Jun 1, 2004.

1. sparkymarvin

sparkymarvin Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi All,

I recieved a postcard in the mail today from my dealer saying something like:

Dear Toyota Customer,
    This card is a reminder that we have not heard from you regarding the official special service campaign and/or limited service campaign notification sent to you by Toyota.
    Our records indicate that your 2004 Prius (VIN#) Requires the following inspection or correction:

"On-Boadr Diagnostic SSC/LSC 40D"
    The funny thing is that I never recieved notification of the SSC-40 affecting my car.
    I purchased the car and it was delivered in November, but did not think this recall applied to me.

***Here's the catch: I do not want to go in for service to this dealer because they have extreamly poor service. I need to find a dealer who services the Prius and does it well.

Any recomendations for service in the Massachusetts area? I've always been really aprehensive about having mechanics work on my car, and have never had good luck with the dealers.

~Andrew

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try
    [web:d9a556ab52]http://www.cars.com/[/web:d9a556ab52]
    follow the somewhat obscure Car Talk Car Adviser link, then enter your ZIP code in the Mechan-X Files dialog box. This will list user recommended shops including some dealers near that ZIP code.

3. sparkymarvin

sparkymarvin Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Oh, thank you. I am about to give the site a try.
    I also called Toyota's 800 number and the people there were quite helpfull.

~Andrew