1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Service Extended Maintenance Plan

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by PriusC_Commuter, Mar 21, 2013.

1. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am getting close to the 25,000 mile marker, so I am curious to know if it is worth paying for the Toyota Care Plus extended maintenance plan for 5 years 75,000 miles (the mileage is what I care about) for $1055.

From the maintenance guide:
    30, 60: Replace cabin air filter, engine air filter, engine oil and oil filter.
    Rotate tires, inspect and adjust all fluid levels. Check installation of driver's floor mat (seriously?)
    40, 50, 70: Replace engine oil and oil filter.
    Rotate tires, inspect and adjust all fluid levels. Check installation of driver's floor mat. Visually inspect brakes.
    35, 45, 55, 65, 75: Rotate tires, inspect and adjust all fluid levels. Check installation of driver's floor mat. Visually inspect brakes.

Can I manually reset the "Maintenance Required" message for the 35, 45, 55, 65, 75 services? Are those even necessary? I got an extended warranty 5 years 125k miles for $885, but I'm considering just taking my Prius C Two to a local non Toyota shop for the oil (0w20 right?) and filter changes since the services don't seem like they're worth doing at Toyota.

Anyone else get passed the 25k free services and have any input?

2. H. L. Pony

H. L. Pony Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    There's not enough scheduled maintenance below 75,000 miles to justify that much money. You'd have to spend an average of over $100 on each of the ten scheduled checks to make that pay.

3. kalome

kalome Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I personally don't think it is worth it especially since I wouldn't be taking it in every 5k and would only be taking it in for the oil change ones @ 30, 40, 50 etc....but now that I'm thinking about it, the checking of the installation of the driver's floor mat might be worth it. ;)

For resetting the maint required message -

Instructions are on page 349 of the Prius C manually as well if I'm not mistaken.

I believe all the Prii uses ow20 oil. It should display this on your oil cap.

4. C4me

C4me Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I got the extended warrenty at the dealership for $1490 but I am going to cancel it Monday. It doesnt make sence to me I onky drive about 4,000 mikes a year anyway.

5. thedarave

thedarave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I actually prefer Jiffy Lube over the dealership myself for oil changes/filters/etc. Free is ok, but I have yet to have a Jiffy Lube do me wrong. I did indulge in the 10y/100k Platinum Extended Warranty just so I don't get stuck later down the road with a possible unexpected hybrid system parts going bad.