1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Service horror stories

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by nooaah, Jan 14, 2009.

1. nooaah

nooaah New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So I've seen a couple threads recently about people's mileage plunging after they take their Priuseseses/Prii in for service.

I just had the opposite experience. I took mine in for the 5,000 service and for some reason, with the temperature at the time at 25 degrees and in stop and go traffic, I achieved over 50mpg over 15 miles of hilly road. I thought this maybe was a fluke but I got similar mileage tonight heading home from the gym.

What gives? Anyone else experience this?

**Actually, as I finished this post I just remembered that they rotated my tires, which I thought would slightly lower MPG, and did a wheel alignment/balance. I assume this greatly benefited me. I have to wonder, if I hit 55-57MPG in 60-80 degree weather before the alignment, what can I do now when things warm up? I'm stoked! :D

2. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That or you changed your driving style or the traffic patterns made you drive more efficiently.

3. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I realize there are many factors that go into how the vehicle electronics manage engine operation, but I swear there's something else at play. I drive my car every day to/from work and from day to day my mileages change. Some days I'm lucky to get 50 and others I easily get 60. Yet all factors are same: temperature, driving conditions, etc. Anyone offer any comments?

4. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    What is the mpg before the service?

5. YoDaddyAlex

YoDaddyAlex Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    i guess because of my driving style, and busy so cal streets, i always get around 45-49. never beyond 50 for a long period of time. then again my car was basically rebuilt after a 16k repair bill, some lady decided it was a good time to run a red light when i was pulling out of a blind drive way 6 days after i got my car...