1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Service in Seattle --- recommended/unrecommended

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BillMorgan, Jun 19, 2005.

1. BillMorgan

BillMorgan Junior Member

all. I'm a newbie....just registered. I just picked up my Seaside Pearl package 6 this week and I have a lot to learn. One thing that I'd like some guidance on is dealer satisfaction for service. I bought the car at Burien Toyota, but there is a fair number of dealers within 25 mile radius. Anyone from Seattle area willing to put thumbs up or down on various service departments? Thanks
    8)

2. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I highly recommend Michaels Toyota in Bellevue. It is their service department that kept me coming back to purchase all of my Toyotas from them (now a total of 4 vehicles)! :D :D :D :D :D

3. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would be interested in the answers to this post too. My car is 18 months old and has not seen the inside of a dealer service bay yet!

4. u4iia

u4iia New Member

Michaels Toyota in Bellevue. :mrgreen:

5. tigerhq

tigerhq New Member

I'll be moving to the Seattle area and really appreciate your recommendations!
    After being rear-ended on my way from LA to Seattle, the car seemed to be driving just fine, but I wanted to be sure about that before taking it on another 1100 miles trip back to LA = I wanted some "experts" to look at it. The first dealer I found was "Toyota of Kirkland", so I stopped by and asked for their advice.
    One service rep/technician took a very brief, bored gaze at my Prius and said that "it's _probably_ save to drive". Well, "probably" was not something I was going to accept, and they weren't willing to address my concerns regarding the hybrid system when I asked to hook up my car to some diagnostics to check for any error codes.
    I left immediately and then found Michaels Toyota phone number. They explained to me that if no warning lights had come up, no error had ever been registered and it wouldn't make sense to hook it up to any diagnostics (how should I have know?).
    Also, I was advised to go to a body shop and get their opinion as to how safe the vehicle was (did that already, so I knew I was fine there), but I was really glad they thought of that.
    I guess Michaels Toyota will have a new customer very soon.

6. bookrats

bookrats New Member