1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Settin destination while in motion??? 09 model

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by charliez, Jan 19, 2009.

1. charliez

charliez New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Is there a modification/setting that will allow entering the destination while in motion?

I find the lockout while in motion an extreme disservice after purchasing the navigation package and not being able to use it even as a passenger.

My wife and I frequently pilot and co-pilot. Whoever's the co-pilot takes charge of the nav (POI, entering routes, etc.).

The lockout feature is the MOST STUPID thing in the world Toyota has done to the vehicle.

2. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes.
    BUT. You need some electrical experience to do it. If you do a forum search you can find a schematic on the motion lockout. I have it on mine. Just a simple switch you flip.

3. BIGDGR

BIGDGR New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Had a 2003 Lexus LS 430 with same problem. It was the most discussed problem on the lexus owners website!! Really ann.oying. Now I just use a Garmin GPS

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Pretty sure most Lexus owners who wanted this option, install the navigation bypass (esp. for your generation LS)