1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sex Pervert Get Unconditional Release

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Henry, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Henry

Henry New Member

Pervert Gets Released

Do you really think a sicko like this can really be cured?

Thoughts anyone?

2. Henry

Henry New Member

34 looky-loos, but no responses...hmmm

3. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

no, of course he can't. the best someone like that could probably hope for is castration and a lobotomy, both of which are considered cruel and unusual

4. dennisd

dennisd New Member

And this has WHAT to do with priuschat?????

5. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dennisd\";p=\"39359)</div>
    Pancakes. It's all about Fred's Pancakes.

6. LungCookie

LungCookie New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aarons12\";p=\"39358)</div>
    According to the article he was voluntarily castrated three years ago.

7. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dennisd\";p=\"39359)</div>
    Fred's House of Pancakes is a venting place for all topics regardless of their topics. In fact, it's a good place for people to just get things off their chest. Sometimes the topics in FHoP gets a little heated, and that's okay as long as we show some respect for the individuals. And it help sif we actually try to understand their perspective rather than just flaming at each other.

With that said when I read the article I couldn't help but to think of "A Clockwork Orange". But that was fiction. I do not believe that this man can actually, truly be reformed. I believe that it's easy for him to convince someone who spent 8 hours with him that he's a new man. The judge should have listened to the doctor who spent the entire year with him.

While I might be persuaded to agree that it's time to let him attempt to get on with whatever form of a normal life he is capable of living, I believe that it might be impossible for his previous victims to have any resemblence of normal lives.

8. dennisd

dennisd New Member

Sorry guys. It does upset me when I hear this kind of stuff. I know the pancake house is a good place for venting and I vent also. So, my take. The victims will suffer for the rest of thier lives. That cannot be changed. A sick individual does not deserve to be in our society that causes this kind of suffering to the innocent. No amount of "reform" will change what has happened. A person with mental illness like this should never be allowed to walk the streets again!

9. edrum

edrum New Member

Throw all the lepers on and island and forget about them, huh?

10. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(edrum\";p=\"39370)</div>
    No, throw all the pedophiles on the island and forget about them. :)

11. dennisd

dennisd New Member

right on, bigbaldcuban! A dictionary might also be in order. Lepars is lepers and look up the word analogy.

12. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Henry\";p=\"39309)</div>
    Cured? . . .no. Contained? . . . yes!

Maybe as a condition of his release he should be required to live in a house that has NRA members who own all of the neighboring houses.***

*** Just trying to bring peace and harmony to FHoP by uniting two separate and contentious strings for a amicable resolution. :jester:

13. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

Finally, a good use for and AK-47

14. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Given the voluntary castration, I would fear he will just drop the sexual part of "sexually violent predator".

I agree that dumping a group of people with a common deadly infectous disease on an island and forgetting about them isn't a wonderfully humane thing. On the other hand, when those suffering from leprosy were put in Leper colonies, no one knew what caused leprosy nor how to cure it. The colony on Moloki'i was started in 1866. This was a time when people died from simple infections we would now slap with antibiotic cream and forget. It wasn't until the 1970's that an effective treatment was found. Even now the exact method of transmission isn't specifically known.

Now this violent sex offender has no outward symptoms to show his disease, no behavior that would suggest he is about to strike again 'tomorrow'. Yes, given his history, I would be VERY afraid to have him in my city. I don't know how anyone could prove that he will live out his life a 'cured' man.

15. jchu

jchu New Member

Curious Thing about leprosy is that the only animal model found so far that the infectious agent, Mycobacterium leprae, can grow in is the armadillo.

16. prius04

prius04 New Member

I do hope California changes their laws. Pedophiles usually do not reform, though certainly it can happen. And as far as I'm concerned, registering with the local police station is not enough.

But in all states, people like this are released "eventually" and each state has a different time for "eventually".

What I find puzzling about this is that one of his therapists testified against him and he was still released. This is weird.

And as for castration, sexual crimes are not generally about sex. They are about violence.

And violent crime is not about testosterone either as woman can be pretty violent and their testosterone levels, though not zero, are pretty low. And in any case, the adrenal glands can make testosterone as well.

That is why science is not sure that castration has any value. The studies so far have been promising but not definitive.

17. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The voluntary constration seems like a good idea, but only if the root of his temptation to perform his acts truly are/were rooted in his testicles. Unfortunately, if sexual preditor-ness has ties to the nuero-wiring in his brain, they would still be intact, though possibly very confused.

I think Bruce is correct in that the temptation to be a preditor might still be there even if the sexual nature might be gone. Let's not forget that some people just like to watch, steal little articles from poeple, spy, and do many other things that do not require sexual contact.

Perhaps it would be just as accurate to indicate that taking away guns would end all crime.

18. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I saw the TV interview. He is moving into my "neighborhood" for now. Yes he has been castrated and this will take some of the pressure off him. He talks a good line but at this point I am still a skeptic. I see no solid evidence that people like this can be cured. That's the trouble the docs running this program are flying by the seat of their pants. No data just "expert opinion" One of my professors was fond of saying "In the absence of data you can have any opinion you wish" We have no data and we are the experiment. Thankfully I have none of his targets in my family. I hope he is in remission and stays in remission. I wish him the best and if he slips I will be in the front of the line demanding he be locked up forever. This is very difficult.

19. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    yep... and the biggest BS thing about the whole thing is the only reason he got a unconditional release is because he moved to WA st.

he was convicted of his crimes in California. he was released from ca on the promise that he leave the state.

the court so much as said that he would not have been released unsupervised if he was to remain in the state.

so he comes here and although he is a high risk offender, because he wasnt convicted in WA state for anything, we cant do anything about it.

so CA sucks for dumping their problems on us, and we suck for letting them do it.

20. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigbaldcuban\";p=\"39372)</div>
    No, throw all the pedophiles on the island and forget about them. :)[/b][/quote]

How about, throw all the pedophiles into a retirement community that has gates that let you in and out (like Leisure World... they have them in So Cal, not sure about other states or similar things.) If he has to pass by a human being that is DOING THEIR JOB every day just to get back home, the MOMENT they see him in a car with a child, OFF HE GOES FOREVER. And if he doesn't come home for a few days, that should raise a couple questions too.