1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SF East Bay Dealer Recommendations

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by scapegoat, Apr 27, 2007.

1. scapegoat

scapegoat New Member

So, this might be on the boards already, but I am likely going out to purchase my Prius this weekend, so this is my last ditch effort for recommendations.

In the San Francisco, CA: East Bay area, there are 4 dealerships that are relatively close to my down.

Dublin Toyota
    Hayward Toyota
    Fremont Toyota
    Toyota of Walnut Creek

None of the places have the package I want in the color I want.. but I think I'm going to settle on the Pine Silver, and that one is at the Walnut Creek dealership.

Any comments or recommendations on any of the above 4 dealers, good or bad? Specifically the Walnut Creek one, as that is where I intend on going at the moment.

2. Recovering Gas Guzzler

Dublin Toyota's service department has been excellent for me. Regardless of where you decide to purchase your car, make sure to have the dealers bid against each other and do not buy the paint sealant or any of the options that the finance guy tries to sell you. Remember, everything is negotiable. Service contracts and extended warranties can be purchased on PriusChat for cheaper.

3. ESanders2

ESanders2 New Member

Just make sure you get it for invoice. I'm buying one in the East bay area (Fairfield Toyota) and all the dealers I made online requests with offered invoice pricing. Fairfield Toyota is going several hundred below invoice.

4. juliem

juliem Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    A coworker of mine bought a Prius a month or so ago, and got a good deal at Concord, which isn't much farther than Walnut Creek. If I remember right, WC and Vallejo kept giving him the runaround, while the fleet group at Concord treated him well.

I definitely agree that you should pit the dealers against each other -- it's easy to do through edmunds.com. Good luck! And if you live near Berkeley, I highly recommend Art's Automotive for your car checkups. Last time I checked, it was about 1/2 of the price of the WC dealer, and they were great to deal with.