1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shade for MFD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by psirus, Jul 26, 2005.

1. psirus

psirus New Member

I know shades have been available in the past to shield the display from frequent washouts in bright sunlight, but I haven't been able to locate any during the past few weeks. I am not interested in a total dash cover. Though I know it wouldn't be too hard to make one myself, there was an earlier note of a leather item on e-Bay -- no longer there. Any leads?
    -- Jon Russ

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yes, the maker is at
    http://wakeup.to/priusdisplayhood and is one of the priuschat sponsors. I'm planning to get one myself.

EDIT: As of 8/8/05 I have one in black. It works very well and looks good too.

3. psirus

psirus New Member

Thanks -- an old link to the eBay site just didn't work.
    I've ordered a shade.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Robin makes a nice one. She's on eBay under "Priushoods". I think she also has some posts here in the merchants forum.

She also makes leather console and armrest covers and leather covers for the glove box and the driver's side dash.

I have all and like them very much.

5. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva\";p=\"110656)</div>
    Try http://stores.ebay.com/Prius-Hoods_W0QQssP...aderLinksQQtZkm? I have her accessories too, and the MFD hood is indispensable.

6. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    To whomever has purchased the hood:
    Which color goes better, titanium or black. I am leaning toward titanium, but can't tell from the pictures how the color works against the dash color.

Any thoughts?

Rick

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have a black prius with the ivory/brown interior.

I have all of Robin's items in black leather. I like the black because it matches the dash and dark portions better and I think there is less glare off of the black.

Then again.....I really wanted the gray interior so to me the more I can cover up or play down the ivory....the better.