1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shark Fin antennae improves receptions and looks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Dr Rocket, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Dr Rocket

Dr Rocket New Member

I put it on for looks and was wary of the reception. After all, if it is so good, why didn't Toyota put it on at the factory. The fin is plastic with a printed circuit board or two.

When I used to drive under electric transmission wires, the AM radio would go to "noise" but with the shark fin, there was absolutely no noise.

I recommend it

2. fphinney

fphinney Member

...the AM radio would go to "noise" but with the shark fin, there was absolutely no noise.

I recommend it [/quote]

Dr Rocket -

You have GOT to identify your fabulous Shark Fin! Like: where did you get it & please share what it cost, if you don't mind. I'm pretty sure there quite a lot of suppliers, so I think you'll understand why I'd like to have some specifics.

Thanks,

3. Dr Rocket

Dr Rocket New Member

I purchased it at the Prius Shop right here for $62. See Doc Vijay's posts (and his Prius upgrad website) for more good stuff. I am following his lead.