1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sharkfin Antenna Order problem?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by vinnysca, Sep 8, 2006.

1. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

For all who have ordered a sharkfin antenna on Priuschat...

How long did it take for you to receive your order? I placed my order about a month ago and still have yet to receive it in the mail. I sent an inquiry to the priuschat contact link and have not gotten a response yet. Does it take a while to get it?

Thanks.

Vince

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Took about three weeks for mine. The email response for me was VERY good, however.

3. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It was closer to 6 weeks for mine. It was like a rebate - about the time you have forgotten about it, it shows up in the mail. Of course, you're not likely to forget about a shark fin antenna. I can't say anything about the email response because I was too busy/lazy to inquire.

4. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It was about four weeks for mine...but when I ordered, the site said it could be up to six weeks due to high demand (causing a backup for painting to match your color code, as I recall). I didn't worry about it. It arrived and looks VERY cool. Except they asked me for some pics of the car with the antenna on it, and I haven't been able to figure out how to shoot a good pic of a black car with a teeny tiny antenna on its roof. Tried shooting a couple with the (6.5lb) dog on the roof next to it, but they didn't work out too well.

Any photo ideas out there?

5. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Sep 8 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]316572[/snapback]</div>
    Just take a picture with the lens cap still on or your finger completely over the lens. Call it "Black, Sharkfinned Prius in the Dark, version 6."

Now you have me thinking. I need to get a picture of my Prius in front of a body of water. I'll have my wife holding a fishing rod with the line leading into the grill. It will be the biggest catch of the day. Brilliant! :D

6. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

I just got an email reply and they did say about 6 weeks due to high demand. I won't worry about it then.

Oh, was it fairly easy to install? Just curious.

Vince.

7. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vinny @ Sep 8 2006, 05:19 PM) [snapback]316637[/snapback]</div>
    Easy to install. The order took about six weeks. I almost put locktite blue on the screw, but I decided against it.

8. DGH

DGH Thread Terminator

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [Antenna was received in four weeks, as was stated on their website, beautiful paint job.