1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shattered Sunroof Wind Deflector

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by KBee, May 9, 2015.

1. KBee

KBee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Today I noticed that my sunroof wind deflector is shattered. It is the front glass panel that angles up when you open the sunroof. Has anyone had is happen to them? How much did cost to repair it and did you have the dealer do it?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think i do recall someone else mentioning it. forget the cost though, $300.?

3. KBee

KBee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does anyone have any advice on whether I should have an auto body shop do the repairs vs the Toyota dealership?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    glass shoppe?

5. royrose

royrose Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I had a scion TC with a similar sunroof. The deflector glass shattered twice (once from a falling tree branch). I do think it was around $300 installed. The installation is pretty simple. You could probably do it yourself but you will have to order the glass from a Toyota dealer (or OEM supplier) or see if a junk yard has a used one. Toyota paid half the cost of the second replacement which happened soon after the first one.

Toyota issued a recall because of broken pieces coming into the TC. The fix was to put an adhesive clear plastic film on the inner surface which didn't actually prevent shattering but prevented any broken pieces of glass from coming into the car or flying into the air.

Here is a link to info about the recall: Scion Recall 05V483000: Oct 27, 2006