1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sherpak Roof Rack

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Highly ImPriused, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Highly ImPriused

Highly ImPriused Impressive Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Link

I am buying a new Prius and looking for a family road trip cargo solution. We have a roof top cargo bag that we have used on my wife's Jeep Liberty in the past and we generally like (the bag not the Liberty, but that's the topic for another discussion). Now we're hoping to use the Prius for road trips this year when we have out two young kids along to save gas, and because well, it's new and we want to drive it. I've been researching a bit and the Sherpak Smart Rack system seems like it would be a better rack solution for our needs than the typical Yakima/Thule/Saris type crossbar systems and it will likely be cheaper. Plus they claim that it installs in 2 minutes, which would be very nice because I don't want to be driving around with a roof rack when I'm not using it most of the time. So has anyone tried one of these?

2. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I don't know if it will work or not. The curvature of the roof may make the rack not sit properly, or worse, the rack might hit the roof. I would give it a shot, just be sure that you can return it if it doesn't work. Keep us posted.

3. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  4. Highly ImPriused

Highly ImPriused Impressive Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Mar 22 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]410178[/snapback]</div>
    I'm only seeing places where it can be ordered on-line. So I assume I'd have to eat the shipping (both ways) if it doesn't fit. I'm going to keep searching though to see if there may be a local retailer where I can try it out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottY @ Mar 22 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]410193[/snapback]</div>
    I did check out his page out before posting. The Sherpak appears to be even easier to install/remove than the Saris system and cheeper. Win, win, if it does indeed fit.