1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

She's in the driveway.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by frodoz737, Oct 8, 2010.

1. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Two months ago I decided to purchase a new car and hand down the 2006 TDI Beetle to my son. Wanted dependable/best mileage at this time. I took about a month to decide on the Prius, then another month how to outfit it. This site has helped considerably with the latter.

Today I am the proud owner of a 2010 Prius II, Blue Ribbon Metallic, full leather Ash interior, rear bumper scuff plate, carpet mats and 25front/20rear window tint. Replace carpet mats right away with the Canadian All Weathers care of Eastway Toyota, Windsor ONT.

Next week a co-worker and I will fabricate a FWD Skid Plate (Airline Mechanics). Will order the OEM Fogs, colored body side moldings, Weathertech Rear Cargo Mat, and just maybe the Illuminated door sills.

Still deciding on the Nav HU, but will probably be the Kenwood.

If you live in the Dallas TX area I recommend either: Pat Lobb Toyota of McKinney see Randy O'Connell-Fleet Manager -or- Toyota of Irving see James Wilson-E Business MGR or Bill Vaughn-Fleet Sales Consultant. I actually went to the 16 Dealers in my 50 mile radius and these are my recommendations. They will treat you right.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Awesome, welcome aboard!

1 person likes this.
  3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome and congratulations. It looks like you really did your homework !!

4. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Have owned my Prius just over 13 months now and happy to report this is an amazing car. My lifetime actual MPG is 50.2 and the only factory issue was the chassis noise, which my dealer fixed promptly under warranty.

Never did the skid plate, lighted sills or side moldings, and probably won't. Still may do the fogs (for looks) if I can find the simple definitive mod for 2010 level II with "auto off when brights are on". A Rear mat will be made when I find my round 2it. My custom audio leaves absolutely nothing to be desired, though I may try one of Tim's sub enclosures for space and factory looks.

The Wife gets the next new vehicle and is already sold on the Prius. She is considering the "c" or the plug-in. Still have my V10 3/4 Ton PU for sale, and maybe a Hemi Durango soon, if anyone is interested.

I would like to thank everyone here for your help and for making this site what it is. I'll never be a tree hugging, liberal, vegetarian trying to save the world, but I do like a dependable daily driver that gets this kind of MPG. ;)

5. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    " I'll never be a tree hugging, liberal, vegetarian trying to save the world "

Well, Never say Never.

You owned a 2006 TDI Beetle before The Prius...I can picture you composting...and writing a check to a charity for tax reduction purposes.

6. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Son drives TDI now. Bought it because Diesel was cheaper than gas then and I knew I was going to pass it on to him. Beside the fact that it cost $100 to fill up my truck right after Katrina. I actually made money buying the Bug. Considered the Prius and Insight first, but the Prius was $3000 over with a wait and no choice. Hell I couldn't even find one to test drive. The Insight was a 2-seater and I have a family. I was also still unsure of the cost/reliability factor of Hybrid batteries. Had I to do it over, I would have bought the Insight at 70 MPG. How often is there more than the driver or maybe one passenger in everyday real life driving anyway.

My idea of composting is raking up the leaves with the gas mower and helping others is not a write off, thats just helping yourself. Sorry, I eat meat, smoke, have never voted for a Democrat as President, ever.

Hey, you be you, and I'll be me. Either way though, I think we agree the Prius is still a great car. :cool: