1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shifting Errors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bigdaddy, Nov 16, 2005.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

I tried to search the forum, but couldn't form a search that would get me the right thread(s)...

Just now, while backing out of the garage, I pressed the P button instead of the homelink button to close my garage door (brain error, they are 2 feet apart) and the car went into neutral from reverse.

I assume that preventing errors by slipping into neutral is the computer's way of keeping you from screwing up the HSD. Does moving to neutral happen with all other shifting errors (e.g, moving lever to reverse when you are tooling along at 55)? I'm not willing to sacrifice my car to find out.

2. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

Yes, it was programmed that way

If you press the power button when you are traveling faster than 2mph, nothing will happen.

If you press park above 2mph, the car will go in neutral.

If you shift into Reverse going above 7mph, the car will beep, but do nothing physically.

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    But if you hold it in for more than 3 seconds the hybrid system will disconnect and the car will go to neurtal. If you try this be aware you will loose power steering. After you coast to the side of the road and come to a complete stop you can restart it in the normal way.