1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shipping and Delivery Confimation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mike_m, May 11, 2006.

1. mike_m

mike_m New Member

Is it possible for someone to help me confirm that my Prius is transit from Japan to be delivered on May 21st? I ordered it, and the dealer said it should arrive at the port on that date. Then they have to do the leather seats, and the 17" wheel upgrade. I tried to look at another post a couple of weeks ago regarding this, but I could not get the languge pack to work on my computer. I'm sure the dealer is being honest, but "inqiring minds want to know"...... I appreciate this forum, and the helpful attitudes from eveybody here. :)

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If the dealer will give you a VIN number, in writing, you can probably be pretty certain that all is on the level.

I don't know how you would do the computer search on your own. Probably the easiest would be to ask to see the dealer's own paperwork.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Try to put your subject in the subject line. Something like "Is it possible..." makes it impossible to know the topic without clicking the link. :)

Thanks,
    Tom

4. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got my VIN last Friday (5/5) and was told my Prius would be available for me to pick up "between 5/11 and 5/16." Anxiously awaiting the phone call.

5. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ May 12 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]254162[/snapback]</div>

Great point. I hate it when people send me e-mails without a proper subject title too.

6. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike_m @ May 11 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]253823[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, it is possible, but I cannot guarantee the accuracy of it. But, you need to know your dealers number. For example:
    Toyota of Stuart
    This is a link that will check the incoming inventory of the dealer that I bought from. The "09179" is his dealer number. I think I figured his number out by going to www.toyota.com, picking my dealership, and clicking on "build your own". Somewhere along the line there I was able to pull the dealer number out of the URL and substitute it for the one in the link someone else gave me. Also, I can't tell you what the status is of the cars that come up on that list, whether they are just ones AVAILABLE to the dealer, whether it includes ones already allocated to a particular customer, etc. All I can tell you is that I DID find my car in there at one time. You may be able to find it, if the dealer will give you the VIN.
    Good luck!

7. mike_m

mike_m New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ May 12 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]254162[/snapback]</div>

I fixed it, and you are absolutely correct. It is a pain in the nice person to have to get to the message to figure it out.

8. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< Hi mike_m...

Tell me it's not true... "Chatter of the Year." Haven't you caught on to the "name holder" trick in this forum. YOUR name is substituted for the forum "name holder" which is something like [you].

Seems a real pest to me... a "hook" to get multiple responses.

9. mike_m

mike_m New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 12 2006, 05:35 PM) [snapback]254358[/snapback]</div>

Dude, I was having fun just as the rest of you were. And yes, "I got it". That's why it was in big font, HA HA. Anybody can tell that someone, with less than 30 posts EVER, is obviously not the chatter of the year..... BTW, I got multiple responses on my very first post on this forum, as everybody here seems to be very cordial. It is now changed....... just for you. :rolleyes:

10. krails

krails New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keydiver @ May 12 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]254173[/snapback]</div>
    Hmm I tried that using the dealer number (04412) that I got from the same area of the Toyota site for mine (Toyota 101 in Redwood City, CA) but it comes back with an error page instead. Anyone else have problems getting their dealer to show up? The URL I'm using is:
    http://www.toyotaweb.net/inventory/searchr...0false,%20false

That's exactly the same URL Keydiver posted (except with Dealer #09179) but his works fine.

11. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, but it appears that this trick only works in the SE distributorship. :(