1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shipping details?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Ken789, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Ken789

Ken789 New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    2023 Prius Prime ordered and in build phase. Dealer info indicates it was loaded on a ship 8/12 and is expected in port, I believe in Newark, 9/13. Have been trying to identify a ship that meets this description and coming up big zero. No Toyofuji ships with matching, or anywhere close, itinerary and no likely ship scheduled in port at Newark 9/13 (only container ships coming in from Europe). Possible to identify this ship?

How long after arrival is the vehicle likely to ship up to my New England dealership? I've seen reports of around 6 wks?! Note no port options are being installed.

2. Jim Stoll

Jim Stoll Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    LoL, I've got one due in port 9/16, and was kinda wondering the same thing, but figured it was obsession gone a bit too far when I was trying to find the actual ship it was on. Glad to hear I'm not the only one! :). Will be watching this thread, just in case... :)

3. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    My prime XSE allegedly hit the port in New Jersey on 28 August. I was updated by my salesman the day after that to expect it at the dealership by September 10 give or take a few days. I spoke with him today and no updates and it’s not there yet.

4. Tooly

Tooly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Isn't there a large backlog at the Panama Canal due to drought conditions there? They're only letting so many ships through a day and some are waiting up to 2 weeks to get through.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, and someone has that info. it would be nice if they divulged ship location to the dealers

6. Jim Call

Jim Call Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Did your dealer actually tell you that you could place an order for a Prius and get exactly what you ordered? If he did, he lied to you. All you can do is tell them what you want and when one of their allocations is close, it is offered to you. If you decline because it wasn't your exact order, it is given to another customer who doesn't care and you go to the bottom of the list.

7. AndersOne

AndersOne Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    At least in other parts of the world it can work like that - Toyota even sends out emails inviting you to track your (nonexisting) car right after the order. But then you have a binding contract from the beginning.
    From what Im reading here, "ordering" and putting down "deposits" in the states seem more like a very weak intend to actually buy something with no real commitment on any side.

8. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    My Prime just got to the dealer yesterday morning (09/12). It got to the port (NJ- Newark I guess) back on the 28th of Aug. So just over 2 weeks Port to Dealer (Eastern Connecticut). Hopefully that helps you figure on time frame.

I pick Her up on Friday and have a few hr drive both ways. Looking forward to it. My salesman sent me this pic yesterday :)

IMG_6475.png

Bobo99 and bisco like this.
  9. Jim Stoll

Jim Stoll Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Yeah, it's a bit unnerving. I've got all my eggs in this one basket that seems to be non-binding. I guess the process works, but it's not altogether comforting!

10. Jim Stoll

Jim Stoll Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    BTW, caught a brief explanation of the Panama Canal situation on NPR this evening. Here's a link to the transcript: NPR