1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shipping My Prius to Germany

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cdurnal, Aug 9, 2010.

1. cdurnal

cdurnal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    At the end of September I will be shipping my 2008 Prius to Germany. I have 2 questions:

1. The shipper says the gas tank must be only 1/4 full and an 1/8 tank is better. How much is left when the display shows only one "tick," the little square.

2. I will be handing over one of my fobs to the shipper. I am concern that whoever moves the car might not know how to turn on and run a Prius. Any suggestions?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. I think you should be content when the gas tank shows 2 bars. That will probably be around 2-3 gallons.

2. Prius has been around long enough so that most people who need to drive other peoples' cars for their work know how to operate it. However if you are concerned, then find your owner's manual. Copy the pages that explain how to use the fob and gear selector, and leave that in the car.

Good luck with your move.

3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Perhaps translate those instructions into German as well ;)

4. PriQ

PriQ CT+iQ

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Two
    German people usually speak English, but make sure that the lights on your Prius pass the German regulations. Some European countries demand asymmetric lights on the front.