1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shocking and disgusting discovery. . .

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, May 1, 2007.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    These vile and disgusting people should be vilified and mocked at every opportunity. . .

Syracuse University professor Arthur C. Brooks says . . . Conservatives donate 30 percent more money than liberals (even when controlled for income), give more blood and log more volunteer hours. In general, religious people are more than three times more generous than secularists to all charities, 14 percent more munificent to nonreligious charities and 57 percent more likely than a secularist to help a homeless person. In terms of societal health, charitable givers are 43 percent more likely to say they are "very happy" than nongivers and 25 percent more likely than nongivers to say their health is excellent or very good.

Something needs to be done to make these groups cease this behavior! Prehaps we could start a Online Forum where we can call the worlds attention to these despicable acts and force them to stop?

Have a nice day.

Wildkow

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I LOL at silly statistics.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Of course, this comes from a college professor, whom we all know are bastions of liberalismalityness so of course we can't believe a single word.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Apr 30 2007, 10:47 PM) [snapback]433082[/snapback]</div>
    Oh hell yes! I know what you mean, especially when they go against your beliefs. :rolleyes:

Wildkow

5. ozyran

ozyran New Member

Erm...I didn't know helping people out was such a sin. My bad! Not that I'm gonna repent of it any time soon...

6. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Were there any statistics on how tight the undies are knotted up on the other side of the fence?

In the underwear industry, the tensil strength of the materials has been ratcheting up for the last 40 years to be able to handle the load.

Undies of the 1960's worn today would fly right off those liberals.

:lol: :lol:

7. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ May 1 2007, 01:47 AM) [snapback]433082[/snapback]</div>
    47.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Tom

8. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ May 1 2007, 12:25 AM) [snapback]433102[/snapback]</div>
    It's weird that I see mostly liberal minded people participating in the community works I'm involved with. Maybe it's because would rather spend their time helping out rather than writing tax deductable checks. If the statistic is true then all well and good. Can't fault people for helping out regardless of their beliefs.

And you brought this up why?

9. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So I should cancel my platlet donation at the blood center tonight?

10. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ May 1 2007, 06:19 AM) [snapback]433157[/snapback]</div>
    Do you have any statistics to support that observation? :huh:

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ May 1 2007, 05:45 AM) [snapback]433145[/snapback]</div>
    Liberals wear Undies? :blink:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ May 1 2007, 06:34 AM) [snapback]433165[/snapback]</div>
    Q) Liberals got blood?

A) Yes, but no heart to pump it! :lol:

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ May 1 2007, 01:26 AM) [snapback]433077[/snapback]</div>
    LOL, Truth hurts sometimes.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow. No bitterness here, is there?

13. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ May 1 2007, 06:48 AM) [snapback]433146[/snapback]</div>
    There's a number of reasonably thoughtful reviews of this book that question some of the data sets he uses to draw his conclusion:

Brooks's red state-blue state comparisons are also drawing scrutiny. He triumphantly points out that of the 25 states that give the most per capita to charity, 24 went for President Bush in the 2004 election. And in a striking passage, he observes that residents of both San Francisco and South Dakota donate about $1,300 per family to charity, even though the average San Franciscan family makes $80,000, while the average South Dakotan family makes $45,000.

Why the difference? Brooks quotes the "director of a major San Franciscan foundation" as suggesting that "this a pretty godless place."

But John Havens, associate director of Boston College's Center on Wealth and Philanthropy, points out that once you correct for cost of living, the San Franciscan family earns only 15 percent more than the South Dakotan. Indeed, in the Boston College center's ranking of states by personal generosity -- a ranking that corrects for cost of living and tax burden -- blue states do fine: Of the top five states, four -- New York, California, Connecticut, and Maryland -- are blue.

http://www.boston.com/news/education/highe...2/10/who_gives/

There's also a lot of stimulating discussion on:
    http://volokh.com/posts/1164012942.shtml
    http://dot-org.blogspot.com/2007/02/who-re...art-1-of-2.html

14. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Never fails. Anytime I look in on a religious / conservative thread it's always very antagonistic. You think I would learn my lesson.

15. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Did the statistics reveal what percent of that "charity" goes to their church or other churches? Cause buying your way into heaven shouldn't count as "charity."

And even if a religious person did donate outside of the church, how can one be absolutely certain that it's from the goodness of the heart or if they're trying to perform well under the watchful eyes of an all knowing, all seeing, all judging referee who gets to decide if you're going to burn in hell or fly with the angels? What's a non religious person's excuse/motvie to donate other than to help his fellow man?

16. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ May 1 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]433578[/snapback]</div>
    People who try to follow what the new testament actually says wouldn't try to gain salvation through works. That's old testament, and that's what Christ died to end (salvation through law).

I'm trying to decide if paragraph 2 is some bit of sarcasm, intricately done, or if it's in earnest, and I'm thinking it's probably the latter.

What's a "religious" person's motive to donate, other than to help his fellow man, I ask you?!? And don't you figure that there are a few "non-religious" people who donate for tax purposes, etc?

And if money goes to a church, how do you know what happens to it then? Maybe it goes to a use we could (some of us) agree upon -- like feeding someone who needs it, helping those who need it in some material fashion. That sounds like a good thing to do... doesn't sound like trying to buy an indulgence, to me...

How about just giving people who give, credit for what their actions are?

17. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ May 1 2007, 09:19 AM) [snapback]433157[/snapback]</div>
    To prove the meds aren't working anymore... :lol:

18. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZenCruiser @ May 1 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]433628[/snapback]</div>
    LOL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ May 1 2007, 08:05 AM) [snapback]433216[/snapback]</div>
    It's anecdotal. I see it with my own eyes. Go out and do some of this work instead of spreading crap on the forums and maybe you will see the same thing or maybe something different but at least you'll see it AND get something done in the community. :)

19. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ May 1 2007, 11:04 PM) [snapback]433778[/snapback]</div>
    I do plenty of volunteer work thank you. Well yes it maybe crap but at least it doesn't smell like the democrap stuff that's left lying all around this forum unchallenged! :lol: BTW, if you had taken one moment to look at the evidence in the link I provided you would not have had to use anecdotal evidence Mr. Smartypants. [attachmentid=7800]

Wildkow [attachmentid=7801]

p.s. no I won't post it for you go look it up yourself, the author of the study is a liberal after all. I suspect a Scoop Jackson kind of liberal, too bad they are so few and far between these days.

Attached Files:

20. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ May 1 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]433578[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zapranoth @ May 1 2007, 07:19 PM) [snapback]433603[/snapback]</div>
    Sadly, some here are incapable of that because they dwell on people with a different worldview as "evil" even when they are sincerly trying to help. There were plenty of charities of all types that had corruption problems after 9/11 & Katrina - American Red Cross had some problems ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Red_..._11_controversy )