1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SHOOT. Heated seat install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by PriusGuy32, Feb 8, 2014.

1. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    For those that have installed heated seats in their Priuses beneath Clazzio (or other) covers:

The heated seat pads have adhesive strips. Did you stick the sticky side to the cloth seat, or stick it to the inside of the seat (Clazzio or other) Cover??

2. quynvu

quynvu New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I stuck the pads between the foam and factory covers. Sticky side on the foam. It worked out pretty well and you can't tell that the pads are even there.

usnavystgc and PriusGuy32 like this.
  3. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Thanks quynvu - I put the adhesive side of the heated pads ON to my original cloth seat. I now realize that Clazzio recommends you stick them to the inside of the Clazzio seat covers (whoops!). But I dont seem to notice any difference anyways.

4. silverone

silverone Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I did the same as quynvu. Stuck to foam. The only additional benefit to taking off the cloth was the ability to route the wiring through the seat foam towards the back, and carve out a space to accept the spot on the heat pad where things are a little thicker.

quynvu likes this.
  5. quynvu

quynvu New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Those pads get pretty warm anyways. I'm glad everything worked out for you. :) Cheers!

6. TLCESQ

TLCESQ Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Has anyone put these heat warmers on the second row seats? Considering the Clazzios and since I already have seat warmers in front seats, I'm considering purchasing for back seats. Where to put controls is also a question.