1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shopping for a New 2010 Prius Base Model

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ZitterZap, Feb 3, 2011.

1. ZitterZap

ZitterZap Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All, New here and interested in buying a new/used Prius.

What price should I accept on the new 2010 Base Prius? I live in Houston.
    The Dealers are quoting me around 24k with zero apr.

I thought that the 2010 model will reduce in price as the 2011 is out.

Guess not...

I am usually interested in red.

Also I was thinking that buying a new 2010 model with Zero pct apr will be a better deal than buying a 2008-09 model with 4-5 pct apr when you will still be paying around 16k for the model and 2-3 k for the interest in the long run.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks for your responses.

2. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome to PriusChat!

By base Prius do you mean a Prius I or II? The Prius I (if you could find it) is really a fleet model with very little equipment. The Prius II is considered the base model for consumer users and comes nicely equipped. As far as what you should pay, I suggest you go to Edmunds or KBB.com. Those sites will give you workable pricing both invoice and retail. Also, check out Toyota Certified Cars at ToyotaCertified.com

I found my 2010 Prius III through Toyota Certified. It was a dealer demo and I was more than satisified with my deal.

Best wishes as you research your new Prius.

3. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ooops; forgot to tell you. There's no difference between the 2011 and 2010. So, I think the 2010 is a better value unless you need the most current model year because you trade cars every 3 years. Really, there's no difference except in the serial number.

4. krelborne

krelborne New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Familiarize yourself with the incentives. I was offered $1500 off or 0% financing from one dealer, $1000 off or 0.9% from another. I still don't understand the discrepancy, but I think it had something to do with the fact that they were under different jurisdictions. Anyway, I used internet sites to contact multiple dealers at once, and within a couple of hours had a good offer. I recommend that approach.

At 0% APR my best offer was $22,600 for a 2010 Prius II with nothing but floor mats. You may want to use sites like truecar.com or edmunds.com to determine if that can be expected in your case.