1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shopping for Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusmaybe, Apr 25, 2007.

1. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    What did you pay?

I am shopping in Atlanta area, and the dealers are playing major games with pricing. Not one has mentioned any special Toyoto pricing.

What are the expected prices with Toyota specials for packages? Then what discount could I expect off of that?

I have a trade in of about $13000.

These dealers are charging a $599 doc fee and a $599 dip fee (what ever that is). I already told them I would not pay. They backed down immediately.

Does one need stability control?

The option I would really like is leather and camera. From what I hear the sound system and blue tooth are not really worth it.

Best price so far is $23000 plus tax and doc fee and license. I need somethin around 21,000-22,000

I wonder if I would be better off purchasing in a neighboring state to cut some of the fees.

2. dvdirv

dvdirv Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusmaybe @ Apr 25 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]430049[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, but the Bluetooth feature is one of the best on the Prius! If you have a Bluetooth phone, you can call hands-free out of your speakers and keep the phone in your pocket/purse. Of course, if you don't have a Bluetooth phone, this feature is utterly useless.

3. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dvdirv @ Apr 30 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]432629[/snapback]</div>

I went with the Package 3. My sprint plan is up and my old phone is about dead. I want to get the cheapest and easiest bluetooth phone. Sprint is offering me a 10% discount to stay with them. I might do better with cingular or verizon. I also would like something that plays nice with my eMac.

I am not that savy when it comes to cell phone technology - I also don't need a treo or anything like it.

I would like to transfer the whole phone book in one easy motion though.

4. tnymntna

tnymntna New Member

I just purchased my grey prius with package 1 yesterday for $21788 out the door. That included all dealer fees!
    It was at Roger Smith and Sons Toyota in Kansas City, KS!