1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SHOPPING FOR TIRES? Here's a heads up

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by paprius4030, Nov 25, 2009.

1. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was reading in the newspaper today that Goodyear will be raising their prices 6% starting Dec. 1 so I decieded that I should order my tires today before the increase takes effect. I usually get tires from tirerack.com but decieded to check around. Well I found www.discounttiredirect.com They are having a Black Friday sale from We. to Fri. they take $50 off your order, plus there's a $20 rebate on the Goodyear fuel max tires I bought. So if you need tires get a good deal for Black Friday LOL:rockon: PS 4 Goodyear FuelMax tires for my Prius cost $286 including the shipping plus the $20 Goodyear rebate.

2. geognerd

geognerd New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You might want to check the small print. I called Discount Tire yesterday to order the Michelin Primacy MXV4 for my car to get the $70 Michelin rebate. I saw the $50 discount for ordering online and thought about trying to combine the offers, but in both cases the small print said you couldn't combine offers. I wasn't about to take the chance of invalidating either or both offers.

3. Duffer

Duffer Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I read the small print that you are talking about, that rule on combining offers is only for DiscountTireDirect offers, the Goodyear rebate is between me and Goodyear. Be sure to print out the form for the Goodyear rebate and follow all rules and dates. A set of 195/60R-15s TripleTreds is in my future. Party on dude.

4. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I prefer Discount tyro over tyre wrack, personal choice

But if you add mounting to the price of the tyres you may find that your local person doing the mounting would be within a few dollars of what they would have charged if they had supplied the tyres:)
    ymmv