1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Short antenna options

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by lmmurphy80, Apr 17, 2016.

1. lmmurphy80

lmmurphy80 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have Yakima Whispbars on the top of my 2010 Prius IV. I haul a paddleboard on top of the rack, and the antenna has to come off for me to do that. Prior to more recently I have not listened to the radio much but now I am and I don't get my radio station without the antenna. Is there a short antenna that could possibly work?

2. trip1027

trip1027 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Look for the shark antenna

SM-N920V ?

3. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    There was a post sometime back where the OP had relocated the antenna to inside the rear spoiler. Try a search...

4. FinToy

FinToy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  5. Jessemkane

Jessemkane Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    If you dont want to spend the money on the Sharkfin you can shoot over to O'reilly. They sell a set thats like $18 I think and comes with a 2" stubby. I used it for a while before getting my sharkfin and never had any problems with it at all.

6. Zipsta

Zipsta Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If you have a IV, I suspect you might have a solar panel. If so, you need to purchase a shark fin antenna from PC Shop (~$90). Any ol' shark fin might not fit. It might creep over to the solar panel. If you don't have a solar panel, you can go with any shark fin antenna that'll fit a Prius.

If you don't want a shark fin antenna because you think it might not get a very good reception, here are some options:

Sports Style Short Antenna for Toyota All Model 4 7 inch Carbon Fiber TRD | eBay

Black Universal 1 4" Carbon Fiber Car Radio Antenna Adjustable Aerials Fit All | eBay

4 7" Silver Universal Carbon Fiber Screw Aluminum Short Car Radio Aerial Antenna | eBay

Z.