1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

shot out to americas tire co!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by debos, Aug 20, 2008.

1. debos

debos New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    my tpms light had been coming on for the past few days and after my second air refill on my tires, i decided to actually take a look. turns out there was a nail in my front right tire. i had originally made an appointment to take the car to my dealer, but would charge a labor fee just to tell me what was wrong. fair i thought, but i took it to americas tire co in my city to see what they could do. ive always bought tires from them and have always been treated with amazing customer service. they said they would do a repair on the tire and have me on my way in half an hour. i was ready to pay when the tech who worked on my car said it was a free service covered by them. mind you i havent bought tires from them for the prius yet and they still covered it. maybe its because ive been a previous customer, maybe its just something they do, but it really made my day.

2. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree! I've used them for quite a while now. They're a big step above the average tire store.

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    No, they will repair your tire for free even if you haven't bought tires from them before (they did for me). I'm sure that their customer service policy brings in new business, because it did with me. I have bought several sets of tires from them (and had a couple of tires repaired) since they fixed mine for free.

In the Sacramento area, I have always had good transactions and service from the Rancho Cordova store (US 50 @ Sunrise Blvd).

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I also agree that America's Tire is great, I buy tires from the Mission Viejo store (Alicia Parkway, north of I-5). They are very generous regarding treadwear warranties.

My wife hit debris on the highway and the RF tire blew out. After putting on the narrow spare, I went to America's Tire to get a replacement Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS tire. Unfortunately this was on backorder.

The salesman gave me treadwear credit for all four tires, so that I could get four Pirelli P3000 tires at a very attractive price: < $200 out the door.

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i'm dealing with discount/america's tire for my replacement tires. they've been incredibly helpful so far. glad to hear people have such good experiences with them, i just wish i had known this sooner.