1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should have gone to Autoway...lol - easycare keycare

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by hyhi, Dec 3, 2016.

1. hyhi

hyhi Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    so dumb me, I failed to scan each Iine of the bill of sale only to see a Easycare Keycare fee of $99 on the paperwork today. So today of course the dealer finance guy replies when I just called today and says it is on all the paper worked signed. And in turn I explain why does your dealship not explain what it is and cost along with asking the customer if they want it instead of just putting it on the paperwork?

It sure was not on their worksheet where they listed pricing. I am sorry but it is crap like this that makes going to dealers suck so many times.

#1 hyhi, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    bisco and Prodigyplace like this.
  2. Gen 2 Tom

Gen 2 Tom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What's Easycare Keycare?

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Sounds like yet another bs "documentation" charge.

RCO likes this.
  4. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Sounds like insurance to cover the return or replacement of your car keys if lost. I take it out through my car insurance £15 extra on the years premium. Worth having when you look at the price of replacement keys, but that one seems a little expensive, if it's only a year long one.

RCO and Prodigyplace like this.
  5. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    kithmo likes this.
  6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It's a "negative billing" sort of thing though, the sorta of thing they lump-into the contract, hope you don't notice. And if you do they protest it's a "standard" part of the contract, can't be removed. All of which is, well you know what. A contract is just that: a contract. An agreement between two parties. You can stroke out and initial any clause, if the other party will also sign off on it. Dealerships DO NOT want you thinking like this though. And Keycare, where are they going to be when you actually need them? More 'n likely folded, and/or useless.

Our car's got all these decals on key parts, some sorta id system, to avoid chop shops parting it out? Who knows. Pretty much useless/pointless I suspect, and at least the dealership didn't even mention it, or attempt to charge for it.

They DID do a switch up, rewrote the contract, going from Toyota letterhead to dealership letterhead, and surprise, surprise: documentation charge "included" became "$295. Till I blew. Even then they made it sound like they were doing me a favour striking the charge.

BC dealerships have another nice-and-sneaky clause: says something like the "new" car can have shipping damage up to 20% of the retail value, without the dealership needing to disclose it. Another one you can feel free to stroke out and get them to sign off on.

It is just a contract between two parties, not brought down the mountain by Moses.

#6 Mendel Leisk, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    RCO, Bluegrassman and Prodigyplace like this.
  7. ATHiker

ATHiker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Don't get mad, get even.

RCO and Prodigyplace like this.
  8. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    that's your prepaid new key for $99. Use it.

liquidtenmillion and RCO like this.