1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I be concerned about tiny cracks near a dent on the bumper?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by iheartnewwave, Jun 23, 2014.

1. iheartnewwave

iheartnewwave Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Had my Prius C for about a year and just got it serviced and cleaned up last month. Well, yesterday I was cleaning the bugs off the front and found a spot that I thought was from bugs but turns out it is actually a small dent with black on it above the fog light on the right side. I have no idea if a rock flew up and caused this or if someone parked farther up than me and swung their door into it. Anyway, I hate the dent, but what is more concerning to me is that to the right of the dent there are 3 very light cracks that are several inches long running up towards the headlight. You can only see them from one direction, so they aren't real noticeable. Not sure if these are in the clearcoat or the paint, but I am guessing the clearcoat since you can barely see them. Think it is anything to be concerned about? If I knew it would stay like it is, I would just leave it, but I'm hoping they don't spread or anything.

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    if the bumper was severely dented and the dent popped back out, the paint may have separated from the urethane bumper, which many be the cracks you are seeing..

ztanos likes this.