1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I continue to wait?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by sparkie48, Jun 29, 2011.

1. sparkie48

sparkie48 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Looking for a Prius III and dealer has one like what I like but has $500 worth of add-ons I don't need or want. Also color isn't impressive. Dealer ordered exactly what I wanted w/o me even asking--no obligation on my part but I have to wait. Two weeks down, how many to go??? My wife wants me to just get the one on the lot (A Prius in the hand is worth two on the factory's future). Love my wife but don't feel like paying $500 more for a color I don't get excited for. Any suggestions or idea how long the wait could last? Also, when does the 2012 come out--would a long wait turn into a 2012? Thanks!

2. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    2012's will be late this year (most likely January). I suggest you wait the few weeks and get the car you want.

3. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yep, wait for the car you want. When you get it, you won't ever remember the time you spent waiting for it. Seriously. If you get the car you don't want, you will remember that every time you see it.

4. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Or to appease both, buy now and buy later. Two people, two Prii, two fantastic deals.

5. cap160

cap160 Older Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Dealer here in Michigan is trying the same switch. May 7 ordered a 5 with BP with Bisque. Last week they told me they had a Black with Dark grey interior. Last week I accepted the car, it hasn't even landed in Portland. They also said I would have to wait for a long time for another % to come down the pike.
    Yesterday I retracted my acceptance for the Black 5. I'm taking the advice of some Prius chat contributors. Wait and get what you want.
    It should be allot easier to find a II or III, the are allot around here in Michigan in a 200 miles radius.:grouphug::(

6. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Why a 200mile radius? Unless your current mode of transport involves a carriage or piggy back ride they have marvelous flying tin cans that transport you anywhere in the world in a short time.

Find the car you want, fly out there, buy it, drive it back. You will have your car in 1-2 days and you will be out $100-$300 more than if you waited.

My last 2 cars were both purchased 1800miles away from where I live.

For one (the Prius) I bought it the week before online, flew out Friday after work, and was home Sunday early morning (1-2am).
    The other I bought in Michigan, flew out Friday morning, and was back Saturday afternoon.