1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I purchase out of my region?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by acadiaphile, May 30, 2006.

1. acadiaphile

acadiaphile Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm in the market for a Prius but really want an option package (#4/HG) which isn't available in my region (Mid-Atlantic). After doing some sleuthing, I've found that this option is available to the south and west. My local dealer who I really like (we bought a Sienna there 18 mos. ago) has said that if I want to try and get a car transferred from any region other than New York (where there they don't have #4/HG either) I'm basically on my own--it's not worth their time and my money paying for the long-distance transfer.

My employer is based in NC and I'm planning to go to the Research Triangle Park area next month any way. Would it make sense to try and buy down there? How big a hassle is it to purchase a car out of state and then have to re-register it in one's home state? Is it worth it to try and save ~$2,000? (Or should I just forget about having VSC?)

Thanks for your advice!

2. B Rad

B Rad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Acadiaphile @ May 30 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]263043[/snapback]</div>
    The last car I bought in Nevada and Registered in AZ. No problem at all, will probably do the same for a Prius depending on where I get the best deal, Las Vegas or Phoenix.

3. FourOhFour

FourOhFour Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Acadiaphile @ May 30 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]263043[/snapback]</div>
    No problem at all.

4. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    PLEASE PURCHASE OUTSIDE YOUR REGION

Here in the SE Region customers have been screwed for years by having to accept forced add-ons at the Port, Prius leather only Port installed and their selection of option packages (no 06 Prius package 8 here).

The only way to break these practices IS to buy outside your region.