1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Showing specific places on Nav?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ucsbgaucho, Feb 21, 2007.

1. ucsbgaucho

ucsbgaucho New Member

Is there a way to show specific places on the nav map, similar to the "Display POI" button, but that only shows one type of place? Lets say I really want Jack in the Box, by pressing fast food you show all the various restaurants... is there a way to just show Jack in the Boxes, or just Chevron stations, or just Wells Fargo banks? I know you can type in where the closest one is on a list, but maybe you dont want it right that second, but you want to know where they are while on a long drive, in case if you're close to one, you can pull off and get something to eat, or get gas there, or use the ATM. Is there a way to show icons on the screen along a route like this?

2. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ucsbgaucho @ Feb 21 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]394168[/snapback]</div>
    Hello

This is a very good tutorial which is up to date for your Nav system. It is long, but worth while.

http://www.lexus.com/lexus-share/demos/RX/.../Lexus_nav.html

I see two choices for my system. 1) Enter your chosen places ahead of time as separate POIs or 2) selecting a category of restaurants, gas stations, or whatever and touching them one by one to see what they are as they appear on the screen. Either way, you can make them a destination for route guidance.

Edit: Notice the index at the top of the page on the tutorial. You can save time by jumping to the area with the subject of your question